Inspiration + Action
It's been more than four months since Civic Syrup launched. The words and inspiration of Rev. Barber have stuck with us as we've recorded a dozen podcasts, posted daily action items on social media, built our e-newsletter audience, and learned a TON. Civic Syrup is not here for a moment. We're here for a movement. But if you only have a moment, you can still be part of the movement! Here are some of our 2 minute actions:
- Add phone numbers for at least 3 offices to your contacts for Senator Michael Bennet
- Add phone numbers for at least 3 offices to your contacts for Senator Cory Gardner
- Create a contact file for Governor John Hickenlooper
- Share these senator and governor contact files with other Coloradans (via text, for example)
- Find your United States house representative and add them to your contacts
- SHARE this US house rep contact file with neighbors and others who live close to you.
- Find out who your Colorado state senator and house representative are and add them to your contacts.
- SHARE your state senator and house rep contact files with neighbors and others who live close to you.
- Check your voter registration. If you are age 16 or 17, you can preregister.
- Bookmark our toolbox for easy access to engagement tools.
This video aired nine days after our launch, when one of our 2 minute actions made the news. It turns out constituents brave enough to raise their voices didn't like being dismissed as something they aren't. So keep it up! Take 2 minutes and show you care about Colorado. We'll have more actions for you on Facebook and in a future post which will be linked here.